Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas, Part 3

Day 3 - Christmas Morning and Christmas dinner with the Jordans

I'm so glad my kids haven't hit the phase where they get up early for Santa!  Ugh.  I remember my brother and I used to get up at 3:30, 4:00, 4:30.  The only reason my dad put up with that, was because he was just as excited!  :)

Santa's been!
It actually worked out really nicely.  Maris got up at a decent hour and we were able to watch her open all her presents before Paige got up.  Then when Paige woke up we got to have 1 on 1 opening time with her... or with Maris again since Paige had zero interest in opening gifts!

I read somewhere this year that you should stand next to your tree to get the best shot of your kids.  Obviously!  But for some reason I never thought of this before.

Wooo!!!
Santa always leaves Erie a gift to open.  She's 6 so she's a pro at opening.
A Barbie was the only thing Maris asked for from Santa.  And a Barbie, she received.
But she got a fun chair too!

Sometimes the best gifts are accidents or afterthoughts.  "Santa" got this for 75% after Halloween at Target and she LOVES it.

Supergirl!
Hey, look who decided to get up!
"Toothbrushes..."
"and potatoes?  I shoulda stayed in bed!"
Santa could have saved his money and just gotten wrapping paper for this one.

We should nickname Maris, The Vault.  This girl keeps a secret like it's her job!  She picked this book out for Johnny in early November.  She was very intent on keeping it a secret too!

The Vault presents her secret.


All done!  They kind of look like the need to go back to bed!
After gifts we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and relaxed in the afternoon.  For dinner we headed down to the farm to see the Jordans.  Unfortunately, Christmas was starting to catch up with the girls and we weren't able to stay as long as we wanted.  We did have time to pop in and visit the horses though.  (Pics coming after I download from G'pa's camera.)

Merry Christmas!

No comments: