Sunday, April 1, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

When we woke up on St. Patrick's Day, our toilet water was green.  Those tricky leprechauns!

We visited Grandma and Grandpa C for dinner.  They always make a traditional corned beef, cabbage, and mashed potato dinner.  It was so delicious.  Writing about it now is making me hungry for next year!  We were responsible for the dessert.  I found a few minty, green recipes and finally settled on this one. 

Triple Layer Fudgy Mint Oreo Brownies

I would love to tell you for your waistline's sake that these were terrible and you should never ever make them.  I would be lying.  They were every bit as glorious as they look.  Go to the store to get ingredients.  Today.  Right now.  The cool mint Oreos might not be in stock much longer this year and I'd hate for you to miss out.

Taking posed photos is more and more fun each time we try.  Sarcasm.  Paige wants to be moving every moment of the day.  So, naturally, she has no time to sit still for pictures.

A glimpse into my future with teenage daughters

This year's St. Patrick's Day photo with Erie in her lucky shirt.  No one is smiling.  At least they are all looking at the camera.

2012
We did much better in 2011!

Finally, some smiles!!  I was not about to jinx this by attempting to get in the picture myself.  You'll have to trust me that I was wearing green.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: