Thursday, February 2, 2012

Princesses on Ice

Every week we try to make sure that Maris and I get to have some Mommy and Me time for just the two of us.  Sometimes it is just running errands, but sometimes, it's something really exciting like Princesses on Ice!

We didn't tell her where we were going, only that she needed to dress like a princess.  We got her a new Tangled dress-up dress.  (I wish we'd video taped her finding that in her closet! Priceless.)  Then Maris and I headed to Quicken Loans arena to see the princesses.

I still didn't tell her what was happening until the first skaters came out on the ice.  She was more amazed than squealing with excitement, but it was a fun reaction nonetheless.


I'm always impressed that anyone can skate in these costumes!  The show had three sections, plus Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald who came out to introduce each part.

The Princess and the Frog

 Cinderella
Tangled

We didn't realize it at the time, but Maris was pretty sick.  The very next day she was at the doctor for a double ear infection and pink eye.  I think she still managed to have a good time!

No comments: