Wednesday, April 21, 2010

P365: Day 111

April 21, 2010


This is my new oven. It has a clock, a timer, 5 burners - a griddle burner, a simmer burner, and a power burner, and an actual operating broiler drawer. I know that was a lot to ask. It is beautiful. I pretty much fell in love as soon as I saw it.

Then we baked.

And everything came out lopsided.

Oh, they leveled it when they delivered the stove. My husband was standing right there. When the first cake came out we thought it was operator error (not this operator, btw). It looked like the batter had been sloshed to the right of the pan and then stayed there. The next one was the same way. Johnny still wasn't convinced there was anything wrong 4 cakes later. I pulled out the level and measured the stove top and the racks inside. Lo and behold the stove top is level, the racks and the inside of the oven are not.

Sears is delivering a new stove tomorrow.

No comments: